For over a decade, Stonyfield has partnered with Preserve Gimme 5 to recycle millions of yogurt cups into new products – like the Preserve toothbrush. Today, as the official yogurt of the Boston Marathon, Stonyfield is working with Preserve Gimme 5 to recycle yogurt cup samples at the Boston Marathon.
Marathons and other sporting events often create a tremendous amount of waste due to the lack of infrastructure and logistical constraints. Given the generous amount of Stonyfield yogurt cups sampled, it is important to do our part to recycle at this renown event. As a recycling partner, Preserve works with Stonyfield to make sure every yogurt cup that wants to be recycled finds a home in a Gimme 5 bin.
Seeking Recycling Volunteers: Apply here!
Preserve is looking for 30 individuals to come enjoy a glorious day in April cheering for the runners at the Boston Marathon and working with Preserve and Stonyfield to collect and recycle Stonyfield yogurt cups from the crowd.
- When: 8am-4pm on Monday, April 20th
- Where: We will need volunteers to help out at 4 locations from Natick to Boston. Each location will have a Preserve Team Leader to guide you throughout the day. We will be asking that you take public transportation to the event.
- Natick Town Common 9 mi
- Wellesley Whole Foods 13 mi
- Newton Heart Break Hill 20 mi
- Finish Stuart St
- Preparation: Preserve will host a webinar in early April to go over the logistics for the day.
What do you get for volunteering?
- T-Shirts: We will be giving each volunteer a t-shirt to represent Preserve on the day of the Marathon, and to keep as a memento.
- Discount: Each volunteer will get an exclusive 50% off discount code to use on Preserve’s website toward our stylish, eco-friendly products.
- Good company and a fun time recycling yogurt cups: Enough said!
How to volunteer: Apply here!
Have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org