On Monday, June 29th, we started our week off right at the 8th Annual Speed Networking Event at the NERD Center in Cambridge, MA.
With over forty attendees and five VIP’s, the conversations started flowing with topics around sustainable investing, policy, sustainable business models, food waste and more. Over hearty apps and drinks, both VIP’s and attendees were able to learn from one another and network.
The attending VIP’s were the following:
- Erica Mattison – Legislative Director at Environmental League of Massachusetts
- Graham Sinclair – Sustainable Investment Strategist at SinCo
- Elizabeth Turnbull Henry – Sr. Manager for Energy & Environment at adidas Group
- Ashley Stanley – Founder of Lovin’ Spoonfuls
- Tedd Saunders – Chief Sustainability Officer at The Saunders Hotel Group
VIP’s set a comfortable and inviting atmosphere that allowed participants to truly engage and ask questions. It was a learning opportunity for everyone involved in addition to a fun evening.
We were able to ask for specific career guidance as well as learn how our VIP’s worked their way to where they are today. Takeaway messages included being proactive in your community, following your passions, and asking your financial advisors about sustainable investing opportunities. Attendees and VIPs left inspired and motivated for action on a personal and professional level. The event was three rounds of speed networking and attendees were able to select their top VIP’s to meet with during the rounds. The conversations each round were catered to the interests of the group, which led to in-depth discussions.
The night ended with more opportunities to share stories and learn from one another as we ventured onto the outdoor patio. With the Boston skyline in the background, participants and VIP’s had the chance to continue conversations that were sparked by the speed networking rounds. We were happy we could all share the beautiful summer night together and look forward to seeing you all at the next Net Impact Boston event!
Join Net Impact Boston on June 29th for the 8th Annual Speed Networking Event!
You’ll hear from our VIP’s as they share their career stories as well as have the opportunity to learn and network with all of the attendees at the event in a round robin format. The event will promote more in-depth discussions as you can cater the topics of conversation to your interests in this more intimate setting. Attendees can choose which VIP’s spark their interest and elect to have more time to hear these selected VIP’s stories. Whether you’re a seasoned professional or new to the sustainability world, this event will be a worthwhile and fun experience!
We are featuring the topics of food recovery, sustainability in policy, sustainability in industry and more. Below is the list of confirmed speakers.
• Ashley Stanley – Founder/Executive Director, Lovin’ Spoonfuls
• Erica Mattison – Legislative Director, Environmental League of Massachusetts
• Elizabeth Turnbull Henry – Sr Manager for Energy and Environment, adidas group
• Tedd Saunders – Green Hotel Pioneer, Saunders Hotel Group
• Graham Sinclair – Principal, SinCo Sustainable Investment Consulting LLC
We hope you can join us for this opportunity to network and learn! Don’t miss meeting our special guests as well as many members of the Net Impact community at this annual tradition.
Space is limited – sign up today!
Refreshments will be provided and a cash bar will also be available.